New Flat Roof Pontefract
Roofing & Building Solutions specialise in new flat roofs Pontefract and new flat roofs for the surrounding areas.
Important Information Regarding Flat Roofs
We have put together some information designed to point out some considerations that should be made when planning your new flat roof:
- Flat roofs in the UK do not have a great reputation and they are best known for leaking, sagging and rotting. This reputation can be mostly attributed to poor design and construction rather than poor material choice or application.
- Many flat roof problems occur because the flat roof decking is actually too flat. There needs to be a sufficient fall or slope in the roof to allow rainwater to run off without puddling. Most flat roofs are built using timber joists which if not installed correctly can sag allowing water to stand and in time cause problems.
- Traditional roofing “felt” is actually a bitumen compound reinforced with hessian or some other fibre. Roofing felt is available in many forms with varying cost and quality, often an unsuitable grade of felt will be used to keep costs down or through a simple lack of knowledge.
- Flat roofs need to perform several functions which include; structural support, keeping water out and retaining heat.
- Suitable ventilation and correct positioning of roof insulation are vital in avoiding condensation within the roof space and in the room below. The least damaging effect could be a spot of mould on the ceiling although this is a sure sign of condensation within the roof space and on the timber roof joists which untreated can become rotten and dangerous.
In recent years fibreglass is otherwise known as GRP has become an increasingly popular method of re-covering flats roofs due to longer lifetime guarantees and a neat and tidy finish.
We are happy to offer advice on all flat roof projects and new flat roofs in Pontefract from small roof replacements to large industrial and commercial flat roofs in Pontefract.
Roofing & Building Solutions are sure to be able to offer you a cost-effective solution to any flat roof project.
Call us with any questions that you may have or to discuss your new flat roof in Pontefract.
How Did We Do?
If you have used our services, we would love to know about your experience with us. Please visit the Google Maps listing below, click on the ‘Write a Review’ button and let us know how we did.
Our services are available in a wide range of areas including but not limited to Ackworth, Badsworth, Crofton, Doncaster, Pontefract, Rotherham, Selby, Sheffield, South Elmsall, South Kirkby, Upton and Wakefield.
If you have any questions or would like more information regarding our full range of roofing services.
Call Us Today
Pontefract: 01977 651076
Doncaster: 01302 481130
Wakefield: 01924 731244
Mobile: 07979 717221
Our official FB page and we will be happy to answer any of your questions.
Currently Browsing: New Flat Roof Pontefract